Re: Coments on 1st Working Draft

From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:10:34 +0200
To: Martin Bryan <mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com>, public-webont-comments@w3.org

Martin Bryan wrote:

> Feature Synopsis of OWL Lite and OWL
>
> No mention is made in this otherwise excellent introduction of how to apply
> multlingual names to a fact. The only mechanisms that seem to be provided
> are the sameClassAs and sameIndividualAs ones. A neater way of identifying
> different linguistic terms for a concept are needed. (There seems to be no
> way of assigning human readable names to facts, or to axioms. Apparently
> they can only be assigned identifiers, which will often be meaningless.)

Yes, this is an important issue.
In fact, the requirements document for OWL mentions it explicitly as one of
the requirements (see [1]). So, we are committed to doing this.

Thanks for taking the effort to write up your comments

Frank van Harmelen.
    ----

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webont-req/#req-user-labels

Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl              http://www.cs.vu.nl/~frankh
Department of AI, Faculty of Sciences,  Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
de Boelelaan 1081a, 1081HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
tel (+31)-20-444 7731/7700 fax (+31)-84-221 4294