Re: W3C Webizen - question about web developer relation

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Timothy Holborn
<timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 6 Sep 2014, at 9:23 am, "Coralie Mercier" <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 20:49:45 +0200, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Validator is used in universities. Problem is w3schools (for example) has proprietary functions listed, that don't validate - which could lead to confused messages to students..
>>
>> Quick clarification in case that's useful: w3schools has nothing to do with W3C.
>>
> Yes.  I believe you've started an alternative that needs more work...?
>> Coralie
>>
>> --
>> Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
>> mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

Hopefully you intended to express "needs more work to be as good as it
could be" rather than "needs more work to be better than w3schools"...
I'm not sure, but the later is famous for it's being at the top of
search rankings, and the community and w3c launched many efforts to
fix this http://www.w3fools.com/