Re: For consideration

On 9/4/14 1:30 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
> It feels a little sleazy to share blog posts on a ML, but I spent a
> great deal of time considering how to formulate and phrase ideas that
> I would have otherwise simply done here, so I'm going to go ahead and
> do it in this case.  Feel free to beat me up.

Thanks for writing these posts!

> (about generalized approach in 'tightening the feedback loop' -
> totally complimentary to standards bodies)
> https://medium.com/@briankardell/web-standards-we-want-part-i-chapters-ca71985bf914

Please do let us (at least public-openw3c) know how the Chapter
experiment goes.

> (about a proposal relevant to Webizen, but more generally something
> that the W3C could take up to enable something for the good of the Web
> which goes significantly beyond any particular standards body)
> https://medium.com/@briankardell/the-web-standards-we-need-part-ii-guilds-cgs-1cd61b115751

One thing I didn't understand is what you mean by "kickstart" here:

[[
... my proposal here is simply that W3C allow membership for a specific
guild/CG++ to come through channels like kickstarter without going
through a middleman  ...
]]

-Thanks, AB