Re: For consideration

On 9/4/2014 1:30 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
> It feels a little sleazy to share blog posts on a ML,

Not at all.

>   but I spent a
> great deal of time considering how to formulate and phrase ideas that
> I would have otherwise simply done here, so I'm going to go ahead and
> do it in this case.  Feel free to beat me up.
>
> (about generalized approach in 'tightening the feedback loop' -
> totally complimentary to standards bodies)
> https://medium.com/@briankardell/web-standards-we-want-part-i-chapters-ca71985bf914
>
> (about a proposal relevant to Webizen, but more generally something
> that the W3C could take up to enable something for the good of the Web
> which goes significantly beyond any particular standards body)
> https://medium.com/@briankardell/the-web-standards-we-need-part-ii-guilds-cgs-1cd61b115751

Some of these ideas we currently have under consideration for Webizens
(e.g. I see the "Developer Groups" in the current questionnaire to be
similar in spirit to your Chapters in Blog I). Would you agree?

Other ideas (e.g. CG++) go beyond.  Will you be at TPAC?  It would be
great if we could have an unconference session around the CG++ idea.
There are probably some issues that we should explore (e.g. CG's don't
compel IP commitments from companies that hold the IP - but we really
need that for WGs).