Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

On Aug 4, 2014 12:29 PM, "Jeff Jaffe" <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> Thanks to all who participated in last Friday's call.
>
> The Doodle poll for the next call is at [1].
>
> The agenda is to review the inputs that people have been putting into the
wiki [2].

> Some of the more specific points to discuss:
> We had good consensus on the Goals at the last call.  We should try to
finalize by this meeting.
> We agreed to use the Twitter questionnaire as a means to assess what
should go into the program.  I've drafted a sample questionnaire.  I'm not
sure if we'll be able to conclude on this questionnaire at the next
meeting; but we probably need to get close and finalize it by the following
meeting.
> Julian continues to look at getting us some professional help as well.
>
> Jeff
>
> [1] http://doodle.com/n8szipz24xxad5nz
> [2] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webizen

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, developers have no
first-class voice with regard to w3c matters, especially with regard to
direction in terms of TAG and AB  - at least for WGs we have possibility
for invited experts, but IEs have the same issue: while granted status for
WGs, they have no (even collective) representation. I understand that some
membership was opposed to this, but is it just off the table?  I don't see
anything in the survey even hinting at this.