Re: Directories of Projects to Webize

not sure about similar directories. there’s a few ‘alternatives to’ type alternatives to google: similar:google.com (for example).

I think functional discussions / distributed dev; might solve bigger problems.

There’s a number of rather massive changes.

i’ve been ‘thinking’ about the utility of ‘cut/copy/paste’ as an example.  The programming world has developed the concepts of ‘fork’ ‘push’, which over-rides the concepts of ‘copy/paste’.  Copy paste functions are like a photocopier; whereas fork/push can have broader metadata relevance.

I think the first things we need to look at are the toolset we need to build apps / projects, collaboratively.  My view, is that currently the easiest way of starting would be via leveraging data.fm given it’s simple (php) based nature (whilst providing scope functionally for other iterations / functional specs. in diff. langs.)

The platform itself currently doesn’t support that ‘fork’ ‘push’ (or version control) notions around apps.

In theory, we should use the platform as best we can that we seek to develop.

The next problem i see is a good ‘authoring’ environment.  Writing a document in a word-processing system is frustrating.  It’s not network aware (can’t share), not link aware (doesn’t know how to embed a youtube link like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE ); yet alternative such as https://codepen.io or http://jsfiddle.net/ or http://liveweave.com/ are very much code editors rather than broader authoring environments.

I can goto sites like; http://www.initializr.com/ or http://html5boilerplate.com/ or http://www.layoutit.com/build# and use apps like http://www.snapeditor.com/  but neither are they integrated with rww nor do they recognise the additional possibilities for authoring documents.

http://appinventor.mit.edu/ started part of it (more sophisticated, the LinkedData (semantic web) elements http://vimeo.com/71261025 http://vimeo.com/71261024 don’t appear to be on the same public version?) but moreover; app inventor defines more logic, and therefore perhaps there is a difference between interactive web authoring vs. app development.

Perhaps therefore; applying the concept; perhaps another important app, is a form of linked-data semantic meta-search, with a bookmarking capacity and relevance voting.

Overall; it seems to me we need to start building or at least describing the basic apps we need to change the paradigm incumbent within action of seeking to create a new form of applications infrastructure that is ‘webize’ compliant?

i haven’t figured out critical path yet.  :)

ideas?