Re: license everything

Hi Jürgen,

On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch
<j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at> wrote:
> is there an already existing suitable license that i can use for my emails,
> so that the contents of something
> i write is generally protected from being grabbed by an organization like
> the nsa?
>
> if not, wouldn't that be an interesting part to solve before digging into
> the depths of webizing everything?

Existing copyright law already entails that anything you write is
automatically "all rights reserved" by default. Slapping an explicit
license on it merely means granting exceptions to that default. So,
for maximum perceived legal control, you need do nothing more.

> what i intend to do is to protect my personal writings and make
> organizations like the nsa to choose
> between respecting or breaking the law.

Isn't the verdict on this question already crystal clear as it is? It
seems absolutely futile to me to expect an organization like the NSA
to care one way or another. They are engaged in much larger scale
illicit activities than merely storing your personal writings against
your will.

Kind regards,
Arto

--