Re: Webcivics

On 29 August 2014 15:27, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I note that perhaps webize hasn't found a home, and the conversation has
> slowed down...
>
> I was thinking about promoting the concept in-line with webcivics.net
> (etc.)...

Sure, why not!

Currently I'm working on webizing regular websites via:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-scraper/jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn?hl=en

It creates a sitemap in json that can be run against various sites and
transform it to webby linked data.  Can also be run on the server side.

I am storing data in PouchDB which syncs with CouchDB in 2 way
replication.  You can also have a p2p version of pouch running called
peerpouch

My final step will be to access control data and have paid access control
for premium content.  Say you could lock data for one day unless someone
gains credits.

I'd suggest the best thing to do is pick some low hanging fruit and try to
webize it by turning the names into URIs.