Re: Recovery of compromised WebID

Quoting Sebastian Hellmann (2019-03-04 10:08:33)
> On 04.03.19 10:01, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> >> a script kiddie could find an exploit on your server
> > You are talking about web hosting in general.
>
> I really would like to have a WebID and use it for everyhting. Could
> you give me some tips were I can find a very secure web space to host
> it. Can I host my WebID on your server?

Depends what you mean by "very secure web space".

I find it more trustworthy to...

 * serve pre-computed static documents (i.e. avoid PHP/Node.js/Java).
 * self-host (i.e. avoid hosting by proxy a.k.a. cloud services)
 * use the Debian operating system

If you agree with my priorities above, then you would _not_ want your
WebID hosted at my server - you would want to self-host!

You might, however, want your own self-hosting to be similar to mine...

My current self-hosting is not yet¹ easily reusable.  When ready you can
grab it at https://solidbox/ and until then feel free to try drafts at
https://box.redpill.dk/ (and help tell me what breaks, if you like).

No self-host-your-WebID turnkey solutions exist yet, to my knowledge,
but if some custom tinkering is acceptable, then in addition to my own
work above you might consider these alternatives:
https://freedombox.org/ and https://internetcu.be/

 - Jonas

¹ I have worked towards reusable systems ever since I quit my dayjob at
an advertising agency 22 years ago when told to just continue put out
fires not improve workflows at the agency.  It is hard (or I am stupid).