Re: Recovery of compromised WebID

Quoting Sebastian Hellmann (2019-03-03 17:43:27)
> what you write confirms my fears.
>
> On 03.03.19 10:47, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Quoting Sebastian Hellmann (2019-03-03 09:41:40)
> >> If I find a way to change your public key in your WebID to match my
> >> private key, can I log into your accounts with my private key?

[...]

> > This is a WebID: https://dr.jones.dk/me/#me

> I am sure some of [the hosts pointing to same IP number] are on the
> same server as your WebID and maybe I find a hole in them for
> accessing your webid  document directly or more subtle add a .htaccess
> rule .

Ok, so your question is not specific to WebID, but boils down to "if
security was not secure...?"

Then answer to that is a simple "Yes".

That is the equivalent of making a fake passport or birth certificate.
No need for bribing authorities or threatening the owner, "just" crack
systems - we all know from the movies that's piece of cake.

 - Jonas