Re: Status-Check

> On 19 Oct 2017, at 14:35, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Henry / WebID,
>
> What's going on with WebID?

I am trying to write a PhD thesis on this area in order to explain to the security community
its' properties in the mathematical language they understand.

The WebID community is a nice group, but convincing ourselves that this is great is not
much use to convince the wider world.

> I see the OIDC-WebID-Spec[1] but it doesn't seem to have made it into the WebID group[2] info, et.al <http://et.al/>.

There are a number of things to look at. But I'd rather have people in the security space confined of this,
than various hackers more or less aware of security issues.

> I note also; the ability to produce (and link) verifiable claims or 'credentials' I felt, some-time ago now, was quite an important extension to WebID theorem; yet the WebID Spec still makes no reference of JSON-LD which i still think is not ideal.

That's something one could remedy quite easily....  Will see as I give in my first year report back. But the problem
WebID is having is not because the spec does not mention json-ld.