Re: Verifying WebID fails

On 6/27/17 8:44 PM, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> I am implementint WebID authentication in our software, and key
> mismatch is a real scenario.
>
> Can you show me where in the spec it is addressed?

Martynas,

Your comments are confusing.

Are you speaking of the WebID+TLS protocol which is basically a
TLS-handshake extension that uses a WebID lookup (using value of SAN
attribute in an X.509 Cert)  to locate a Public Key in a WebID-Profile
document? If not, then we are not speaking about the same thing, and as
a result not communicating effectively.

Terms:

1. WebID -- HTTP URI that identifies an Agent and adheres to Linked Data
principles
2. WebID-Profile Document -- a collection of RDF statements in an RDF
document that describe an Agent identified by a WebID
3. WebID+TLS -- TLS handshake extension that matches Public Keys in an
X.509 cert and a WebID-Profile document by way of WebID de-reference
4. WebID+TLS+Delegation -- adds an additional lookup route to #3 via
acl:delegates relation

Kingsley