a loop.

But if Verifier dereferences WebID successfully, it becomes an SSL issue
that does lead to a loop for local WebIDs. Consider this flow:

#1 Verifier: authenticating incoming request to https://localhost/some/doc

#2 Verifier: retrieved WebID from certificate:
https://localhost/agents/me#this (from web browser)

#3 Verifier/Client: dereferencing WebID URI https://localhost/agents/me

#4 Verifier: authenticating incoming request to https://localhost/agents/me

#5 Verifier: retrieved WebID from certificate:
https://localhost/agents/secretary#this (internal client)

#6 Verifier/Client: dereferencing WebID URI
https://localhost/agents/secretary

#7 Verifier: authenticating incoming request to
https://localhost/agents/secretary

#8 Verifier: retrieved WebID from certificate:
https://localhost/agents/secretary#this (internal client)

That's where it goes wrong, because steps 5-7 will just repeat themselves
non-stop, or until the HTTP client runs out of connections. The ACL level
is not even reached at this point.

Maybe this is a corner case or an obvious one, but I just want to reiterate
my key point: internal clients doing local requests *should not* send a
WebID certificate when dereferencing WebID documents themselves.