Re: Web ID use cases

On 11/27/16 6:09 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> The question was really about actual usage, a question which is
> typically answered with "I use it" which is somewhat less interesting
> for people doing market research.

Did I not explicitly state "we have customers using
WebID+TLS+Delegation" , what else do you want to hear. There are paying
customers using this technology on the basis of it being the only
practical solution to their security challenges.

> Talking about the latter, the fact is that almost the entire "Web
> authentication industry" are betting on FIDO alliance products and so
> have the W3C.

This has zilch to do with FIDO and everything to do with relationship
semantics and existing open standards collectively solving a real problem.

> Fighting the industry giants may be fun, but without a concerted
> action, you get absolutely nowhere.

I am not fighting industry giants. I am only interested in real
solutions to real problem, based on deep understanding of both the
problem and the solutions that are possible.

> BTW, a core idea behind Web ID has always been to *NOT* invent (=only
> rely on existing technology), which is a self-imposed limitation.

Nonsense, sorry!

Kingsley