Re: a predicate to indicate a webid

On 2/2/15 6:32 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 2 February 2015 at 12:21, henry.story@bblfish.net
> <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net> <henry.story@bblfish.net
> <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>> wrote:
>

>>     On 1 Feb 2015, at 09:47, Melvin Carvalho
>>     <melvincarvalho@gmail.com <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I was wondering if anyone has used a predicate to indicate a webid?
>>
>>     Would anyone else find this useful?
>>
>>     [] <#webid> <#person>
>
>     what about
>
>     [] owl:sameAs <#person> .
>

> Very nice, I think that will work for my use case.
>
> JFI: I'm adding key values to my git config such as my webid
> (user.name <http://user.name> and user.email are already standard) and
> my hope was to somehow map it to linked data. user.name
> <http://user.name> for example can become foaf:name so I was wondering
> what o map user.webid to, and I think that owl:sameAs works.

Melvin,

In schema.org, you have schema:sameAs relation delivering the very same
effect as:

[] owl:sameAs <#Person> .

Which is why we use our Certificate Ontology to pull all of this
together for anyone that's interested in navigating these issues,
coherently [1].

You want to say, as clearly as possible, to both humans and machines:

A WebID is an Identifier used to Identify an Agent.

Anyone should be able too lookup a Class or Class Property definition en
route to understanding the nature of a WebID.

RDF based Linked Data doesn't need to be magic, it simply needs to map
to coherently to Natural Language (which is just another mechanism for
representing relations).

Links:

[1] http://www.openlinksw.com/c/9C5P6YKB -- description of
oplcert:hasWebID .