Re: Simple Page-Owner Token (SPOT) Authentication

On 11/19/14 8:33 AM, Mo McRoberts wrote:
> We use TLS CCA within the BBC for access to production services and tools. Thousands upon thousands of people use them regularly. I'm an issuer for third parties who've signed NDAs to get certs, so I also have to deal with them when they get unstuck. I can tell you absolutely categorically that the CCA user experience *is* universally terrible, especially around cert/key management. I know this not because I'm jumping to conclusions on behalf of end-users, but because I have to support the end-users who are using CCA.
>
> M.

We also work with lots of users, since attribute-based-access controls
permeate of our Virtuoso and ODS products. I've even used certs issued
by the BBC in the past. My fundamental point is that the UI/UX pains are
alleviated when there is understanding on the part of end-users.

Users are the ones that will ultimately encourage browser vendors to
improve upon existing implementations. It always works that way, in
situation like this.

Kingsley