Re: Question/idea: Self-contained WebID

On 5/28/14 1:20 AM, Daniël Bos wrote:
> OpenID can actually run locally, since the browser handles all the redirects. In the past I've used an OpenID provider running on localhost. This could just as easily have been baked into the browser.
> - --
> Best regards,
> Daniël Bos

I am not doubting the ability to run OpenID locally.

The critical thing to note about WebID is that the term refers to an
HTTP URI that denotes an Agent, it isn't inextricably bound to any
authentication protocol.

WebID It isn't a protocol. On the other hand, OpenID is an
authentication protocol tightly coupled with HTTP URL based entity
denotation. Thus, its best you align WebID-TLS and OpenID which are both
authentication protocols.