Re: YouID for Android Released

On 5/22/14 10:49 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> [...]
> result of AWWW being put to use, in this problem scenario:
>
> 1. You have an Identifier that denotes You e.g., <#anders> .
> 2. They have an Identifier that denotes You e.g., "0563434" or
> '0563434' .
>
> You can assert the following in your own data space (e.g., anders.ttl
> stored on a storage device in your network):
>
> <#anders> :id "0563434" .
> :id a owl:InverseFunctionalProperty.
>

> Your bank can assert the following in their data space (e.g.,
> customers.ttl stored on a storage device or DBMS system in their
> network):
>
> <#anders> :id "0563434" .
> :id a owl:InverseFunctionalProperty.
>
>> - What is the message you intend to bring bank-IT?
>
> They by making deeper use of AWWW they can actually express entity
> relations endowed with both human and machine comprehensible
> semantics. Basically, that logic becomes part of the data definition,
> and as a consequence, these kinds of data integration headaches
> becomes declarative.
>
> Basically, that they can issue identifiers to customers grounded in
> their namspace while also allowing customers to provide then with
> identifier grounded in the customers own namespace.
>

> A business is never seeking to annoy its customers, intentionally. It
> just happens inadvertently as a result of the company struggling with
> inflexible IT infrastructure or the lack of knowledgeable resources in
> regards to contemporary solutions to age-old problems e.g., data
> access, integration, and management.
>

>> IMO, your best (and currently only) option is trusting the bank for
>> using the
>> information they have about you in a good way.  There's no crypto or
>> linked data
>> solution that can solve that problem AFAICT.
>
> Of course there is, if you digest my example you realize that the
> "Magic of Being You!" lies in the fact that you know yourself better
> than anyone else, and that the Bank (and others that provide you with
> services) desperately want to know you better without:
>
> 1. being a nuisance
> 2. overtly or covertly compromising your privacy.
>
> Thus, by you having your own identifier (e.g., a WebID) you ultimately
> are the master of all the fragmented puzzle pieces that described you.
> That piece of Magic is something you control access to via WebID-*
> stack since they leverage RDF which is the key to N-factor
> authentication and resource access authorization.
>

>> The social web is another thing than banking.
>
> Of course it isn't. Banks (run by human) provide services to humans.
> The moment a human being is in the mix, we have sociality in play.
>
> The Web and its architecture isn't an accident. TimBL knew what he was
> doing when he designed it !
>>
>> Anders
>>

> Links:
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/HTTP-URI.html -- understanding HTTP
> URIs (puts the effect of an HTTP URI in the SAN of an X.509 cert. into

Fleshing out my example by fixing the URIs such that you can easily
follow-your-nose to the relationship properties (relations) denoted by
the predicate part of the statements below :

## Turtle Start ##
## The content of an RDF document in your data space

<#anders>
<#bankAccountNumber>
"0563434"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer> .

<#bankAccountNumber>
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty>;
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#subPropertyOf>
<http://purl.org/dc/terms/identifier> .

## Turtle End ##

Your bank can assert the following in their data space (e.g.,
customers.ttl stored on a storage device or DBMS system in their network):

## Turtle Start ##
## The content of an RDF document in your Bank's data space

<#anders>
<#bankAccountNumber>
"0563434"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer> .

<#bankAccountNumber>
<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
<http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#InverseFunctionalProperty>;
<http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#subPropertyOf>
<http://purl.org/dc/terms/identifier> .

## Turtle End ##

BTW -- Banks are looking at RDF. We do have customers that are banks,
and their interest is always centered around the same issue: data
access, integration, and management in regards to agility and cost
effectiveness of current and future IT investments. Webby PKI is of huge
benefit to them, once its understood.