Re: Should WebIDs denote people or accounts?

On 5/19/14 8:41 AM, Timothy Holborn wrote:
> What (if any) are the barriers to updating the spec?

The process.

> Creating a version 2, perhaps starting with use-case scenarios (again?)
>
> Timh.

We certainly need interop testing across current implementations
otherwise we'll just be vulnerable to speculative looping about what
feasible vs whats infeasible. This remains one of the biggest problems
with specs associated with Semantic Web related technology.

Imagine a functional Linked Open Data cloud without DBpedia. We got
DBpedia going on the basis of implementing something rather than being
distracted by speculation.

The Read-Write Web (RWW) dimension of the Web will only bootstrap by way
of actual spec implementations and interop testing, combined with the
discipline of not being distracted by speculation or cumbersome
processes -- associated with spec construction and publication.

BTW -- decoupling WebID-Profile from FOAF is a good thing too. That way,
FOAF doesn't leak into what WebID, WebID-Profile, and Web-TLS are about.
Ditto WebACLs.