Re: Should WebIDs denote people or accounts?

On May 18, 2014 11:01:38 AM EDT, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>On 5/17/14 8:05 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> Oh, very interesting.   I haven't found an opportunity to talk to
>TimBL about this specifically, but it sounds like he's thinking in the
>same direction.   In that email he's very clearly showing a WebID
>denoting a persona, not a person.
>Sandro,
>
>A WebID denoting an Agent isn't disjoint with the notion of personae.

I'm fairly sure it is, Kingsley.

If my WebIDs all denote me, then you can't grant access to one without granting it to all, by RDF semantics.

To avoid that undesired fate, I think you need WebIDs to denote personas.   As I mentioned, those personas might be software agents, but they are clearly not people.

    - Sandro