Re: WebID-TLS lacks server logout

On 5/18/14 2:54 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> This limitation has been discussed in various W3C forums for at least two years.
> As far as I know*none*  of the browser vendors have ever commented on this.
>
> To me that says: The browser vendors do not care about HTTPS CCA (Client
> Certificate Authentication) at all.
>
> Hoping for improvements in HTTPS CCA is a pure waste of time; it is better
> start playing with other authentication technologies.  There are such.
>
> Anders

For the last time, Browsers are evolving. You only have Chrome and Opera
at this time that suffer from the problem you continue to recycle,
somewhat inaccurately.

Here is a simple service [1] that proves my point, all you have to do is
open it using various browsers and then attempt to authenticate using
different certificates.

[1] http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html -- IE (Windows), Safari
(Mac OS X and iOS), Firefox (via its Javascript approach) all work fine.