Re: Proof of Concept: Identity Credentials Login

On 6/10/14 4:27 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>   "Now that you have an identity, you need to register it with the
> global Web
>    login network. The purpose of this network is to help map your
> preferred
>    email address to your identity provider. Keep in mind that in the
> future,
>    the piece of software that will do this mapping will be your web
> browser"
>
> Personally I wonder if this is the right approach.  From a
> standardization
> point-of-view we primarily need to find out what primitives that the
> browser vendors need to add and why.  Because if they don't implement the
> primitives I guess the rest is likely to share the sad fate of WebID-TLS
> and Persona, right?

Persona isn't being supported by Mozilla (from a funding and human
resources point of view) anymore.

WebID-TLS is live an well. You might not fully understand it, which is
fine, you don't have to keep on knocking it at every opportunity. This
solution already works with what's installed across desktop, notebook,
tablet, and phone operating systems. It doesn't force any technology,
provider, or superficial promises based restrictions on you.

>   "We think it’s better than Persona, WebID+TLS, and OpenID Connect"
>
> That's a pretty bold statement.  I hope it is true :-)

True or False is 100% irrelevant :-)