Re: Does FOAF provide sufficient ontological support for WebID & WWW Identity AUTH REQ's?

On 6/9/14 10:43 PM, Tim Holborn wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2014, at 10:36 am, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>> On 10 June 2014 01:49, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com
>> <mailto:timothy.holborn@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     Sent from my iPad
>>
>>     On 10 Jun 2014, at 2:26 am, Melvin Carvalho
>>     <melvincarvalho@gmail.com <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>>     On 9 June 2014 17:30, Timothy Holborn <timothy.holborn@gmail.com
>>>     <mailto:timothy.holborn@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         Hi Kingsley,
>>>
>>>         thanks for the response. Yes. Current format of WebID
>>>         (specifically) is simply FOAF.  Calling it WebID when it
>>>         means FOAF is well...  FOAF.
>>>

>>>     WebID is not coupled to FOAF.  Is FOAF ever mentioned in the spec?
>>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/identity/
>>

>> Sorry, my mistake.  FOAF is indeed mentioned in the spec.  But it is
>> not coupled.
>
> Ok.  My mistake - i thought it was coupled.
>>
>> "WebIDs can be used to build a Web of trust using vocabularies such
>> as FOAF [FOAF
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/identity/#bib-FOAF>]"
>>
> Perhaps the documentation could include / notate other vocab used in
> connection to a WebID-TLS certificate; for example,
>
> http://xmlns.com/wot/0.1/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-org/
> http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap
> http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns
>
> (Which all appear to also use FOAF)
>
> I also found: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-vocab-data-cube-20140116/
>

>> But the point is that webid is not coupled to FOAF.
>
> Cool.
>

> Cheers.

ACID test question:

Can I make a document comprised of Identity claims, represented using
RDF statements, that uses relations to assert possession of a keypair,
where none of the relations use terms from the FOAF vocabulary?

Answer: Yes!

The <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#cert> relation isn't FOAF vocabulary
based.