Re: W3C - Social Web Working Group

On 21 Jul 2014, at 18:29, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2014-07-21 18:23, Sandro Hawke wrote:
>> On 07/21/2014 12:20 PM, Anders Rundgren wrote:
>>> By pure accident I found this:
>>> http://www.w3.org/Social/WG
>>>
>>> Anders
>>>

>> It's also being announced on the front page, w3.org, and in various
>> media, today.
>>
>>        -- Sandro
>>

> It doesn't appear that WebID is a part of this effort.
>
> This is somewhat strange because a Social Web without a login seems like a moderately clever idea.

I am not quite clear how successful this effort is going to be. It seems like that they could not quite
get an agreement on JSON-LD in the charter. http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/social-wg-charter.html
On the plus side: Arnaud le Hors is chairing it, and as he was chair of LDP it could have a chance to move in the
right direction.

The LDP groups is producing a note for access control. WebID is a good candidate for this.

In any case you should not expect standards bodies to be solution providers. They are places where
people can try to come to agreements. It does not always work.

Henry