Re: Switch to HTTPS Now, For Free

I think you missed the point.   How does the client know to whom they
talk?  The <Organization> should be filled in on these certificates.
Certificate authorities are suppose to require verifiable  bona fides from
those to whom they issue certificates.  That's what we pay for.  Now i
certainly acknowledge that doesn't really make the net more trustworthy ...
but that is what it was suppose to accomplish.  Do we now need to
acknowledge that the Emperor has no clothes?  How about ICANN issueing
these certificates free - just fill out the form - no questions asked - no
bona fides at all needed or asked for.

seth

the #toothlessfoodie <https://plus.google.com/s/%23toothlessfoodie>
Facebook: facebook.com/russell.seth