Fwd: [SocialSwarm-D] Eccentric Authentication

FYI quite an interesting use of client side certs for auth

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guido Witmond <guido@witmond.nl>
Date: 12 September 2013 15:49
Subject: Re: [SocialSwarm-D] Eccentric Authentication
To: socialswarm-discussion@ml.foebud.org, "consensus@gnu.org" <
consensus@gnu.org>

On 09/12/13 15:46, Guido Witmond wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I've polished my ideas on Eccentric Authentication.
>
> In short: It's difficult to exchange public keys *easyly* and
> *correctly* between strangers who have never met before. But once they
> have done so, there is no way to stop them from communicating securely.
>
> Eccentric Authentication focuses on getting that *first* key exchanged.
> Secure, Easy, Correct.
>
> The messaging I write about on the site is the means to that end:
> introducing key exchanges.
>

> Greetings, Guido.
>
> PS. many thanks to everyone who let me explain my ideas. It really
> sharpend my mind.

PS. Here is the link to the site:

http://eccentric-authentication.org/blog/2013/08/31/the-holy-grail-of-cryptography.html

and

http://eccentric-authentication.org/blog/2013/09/05/a-subversive-idea.html

Please read in that order.

Website        : http://socialswarm.net/
Wiki           : https://wiki.socialswarm.net
Liquid Feedback: https://socialswarm.tracciabi.li

All mailing lists for SocialSwarm:

SocialSwarm-ANNOUNCE (Announcements only; no discussion)
SocialSwarm-DISCUSSION (discussion list)
SocialSwarm-TECH (discussion list for technik and coders)