Re: messed up sentence in Webid-TLS spec

On 10/28/13 7:50 AM, Roman Evstifeev wrote:
> At first i thought it was some copy-paste error os the like. But now i got this.
> I still see sentence as not-so-clear:
>
> For WebIDs .., the URI ...
>
> Here "the URI" does seem like it is "THE URI" that was mentined
> earlier, but i can hardly guess how it is related to the context
> before comma.
> This is not because "WebID is URI" link is not clear to the reader (to
> me at least), this is because the wording used.

Clarity is the challenge. It has been the challenge since forever.

A URL is a kind of HTTP URI that's used to denote ("refer to") HTTP
accessible Documents.
A WebID is a kind of HTTP URI that used to denote ("refer to") Agents.

Using Linked Data principles, you can construct WebIDs that resolve to
HTTP accessible Profile Documents.

Links:

[1]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/img/WebID-overview.png --
illustrating application of Linked Data principles to a WebID (the blue
rectangle outlines a Profile Document URL while the red rectangle
outlines a WebID; in both cases, we are working with different kinds of
HTTP URIs) .

[2] http://bit.ly/15tk1Au -- illustrating Linked Data URIs and the
indirection they facilitate re. Name->Address mapping .

Kingsley