Re: WebID+TLS Spec was (Re: Signed WebID documents and trust wrt GPG Web of Trust)

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:17:10 +0200, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
wrote:

> Coralie,
>
>   what are the official rules concerning this at the W3C, I can refer to?
> I saw this somewhere, but I'd like to know where the latest official
> position
> is for Incubator Groups and for other groups.

Hello Henry, all,

The W3C Process Document [1] offers the following:

[[
Every technical report published as part of the technical report
development process is edited by one or more editors appointed by a
Working Group Chair. It is the responsibility of these editors to ensure
that the decisions of the group are correctly reflected in subsequent
drafts of the technical report. An editor for the TAG or Advisory Board
who is not an elected or appointed participant in that group MUST fulfill
the same participation requirements for that group, as a Member
representative, Team representative, or Invited Expert. All other W3C
editors MUST be participants in the group responsible for the document(s)
they are editing. Note that an editor is NOT REQUIRED to be a Team
representative.
]]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#DocumentsGeneral

Incubator Group Reports are not on the W3C standards track, however,
Incubator Groups were to proceed according to the W3C Process Document.
cf. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/procedures.html#Procedures

Some of the links below may not be publicly accessible.

The Chairs' guidebook [2] offers several links to "Editor's role" [3] or
"Editor, Author, Contributor Policies" [4] taken from the XML Signature WG

[2] https://www.w3.org/Guide/
[3] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/1999JanMar/0056
[4] http://www.w3.org/Signature/Contributor.html

I hope this helps.