Re: webid and bnodes

On 6 May 2013, at 21:12, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going thru a few webid and I noticed that many public keys are bnodes.
>
> Some consider this not best practice, and it also makes it harder to reuse keys for signing, encryption, payments etc.
>
> Do you think there should be a line in the WebID+TLS spec saying that the key SHOULD NOT be a bnode?

I'd say that specs on signing, encryption, payments etc. should if the use case is correct
make that requirement on keys. WebID over TLS does not need this requirement, so it is not
for us to make it, we'd have not justification to do so.

The issue for WebID over TLS is rather something else which we have not considered, which is if the
key URI is in a different document from the WebID profile. There the question should be if it is a requirement
to dereference the remote URI to get the key.

We have two cases.