Re: Implementing WebID-Authentication

Am 01.05.2013 17:05, schrieb Joe:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Angelo Veltens <angelo.veltens@online.de> wrote:
>> I am going to implement a WebID-Authentication for my web applications
>
> Angelo, here's a native Apache 2 module that may help avoid
> reinventing some parts of the wheel:
>
> https://github.com/linkeddata/mod_authn_webid
>
> It sets env[REMOTE_USER] = WebID on success, and can be configured in
> .htaccess for ACLs and combine with other modules.

Hi Joe,

So I only have to get this env variable and if it is filled, the user is
authenticated? Sounds great, I will give it a try.

What makes me a bit sceptical, is that there are no automated tests and
not much progress. Is this well tested and kept up-to-date? Which sites
are using it?

Anyway I want to understand the WebID-Authentication-Process and at
least once implement it myself, which leads me back to my initial questions.

Best regards,
Angelo