Re: Domain of :key

On Sun 2013-Mar-31, at 21:23, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
 wrote:

> On 3/31/13 3:16 PM, Mo McRoberts wrote:
>> I proposed broadening the range to rdfs:Resource because I can think of a range of cases where keys "belong" to things which aren't usefully described as foaf:Agents. For example, a server listening for SSH connections has its own identity (the so-called "host key").  Once could_theoretically_  claim that the server was a foaf:Agent operating on behalf of the owner/administrator, but if you do that you risk diluting the meaning of foaf:Agent to the extent that it becomes utterly meaningless.
> What about adding owl:Thing to the mix? Basically, I am assuming that the following is true:
>
> owl:Thing owl:equivalentClass rdfs:Resource.
>
> If the above is false, then we have insight that will ultimately lead to useful insights about what's being modeled here.

I don't know enough about the precise semantics of owl:Thing to say for sure whether that would fit the bill, though I suspect it might.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Analyst - BBC Archive Development,
Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,

http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.