Re: Domain of :key

On 3/31/13 3:33 PM, Henry Story wrote:
>> Similarly, I have applications which have their own client certificates for communicating with servers: these are issued specifically to the application so that it can authenticate autonomously with an identity which is deliberately distinct from any human involved in its development and operation. Again, describing a webapp as a foaf:Agent strikes me as dubious stretching of the term 'agent', there (compared to, say, an application which is operating under the "direction" of an operator).
> No there is no problem with that. foaf:Agent is more general that human agents, and so you can give a webid to a software
> agent and relate it via the cert:key to a public key. No problem.

Yes, a foaf:Agent is supposed to cover all *entities* (subclasses of
owl:Thing and rdfs:Resource)  capable of triggering and performing
*mechanized* operations. Thus, although one could associate
<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Eiffel_Tower> with a public key (using an
appropriate relation) said entity couldn't trigger or perform any kind
of mechanization that would produce a keypair.