Re: Summary of cert : key Domain discussion

[melvin sent me a private question, to which I found an answer which I think
 explains some of the misunderstanding - as Kinglsey correctly guessed earlier,
so I am sending it to the list ]

On 30 Mar 2013, at 15:03, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> just to note we already have a cert which is a foaf : document having a key ...

You mean that an X509 Certicate has a key?

An X509 Certificate is a document indeed, and documents ( and only documents )
have semantics.  But its semantics is that it defines a thing that has a DistinguishedName,
and this thing has a public key. The thing in question has an alternative name
that is a URI. The thing is not the document, but the agent.

If you want to model that it would be like this

<> a X509Certificate;
    foaf:primaryTopic <ldap:...> .

<ldap:...> owl:sameAs <http://your.domain/melvin#me>;
     cert:key [ .... ] .

You can model accounts the same way

<> a foaf:Document, foaf:Account;
   foaf:primaryTopic <#me>;

<#me> cert:key [ ... ] .

Assuming that accounts are documents, which they may not be, but which
you seemed to be assuming at least.