Re: Domain of :key

On 29 March 2013 21:41, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

>  On 3/29/13 1:32 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>   dbPedia:EiffelTower mlv:key key .
>>
>>  is a sentence that your ontology allows since the domain is anything.
>> So what would it mean
>> for a shoe, the eiffel tower, or an atom to have a key? How would I know
>> it is true or if it is false?
>>

> there's probably an uncountable number of triples that are ambiguous or
> nonsensical
>
> what does it mean for a rainbow to have a smile?
>
> isnt it an exercise for the reader?
>
> you can use the sem web to write nonsense, that can never be forbidden,
> what does it prove?
>

> Melvin,
>
> Let's break this down for clarity.
>
> entityX ends up in a relation with a Public or Private key due to the
> following events:
>
> 1. keypair generated

yes

> 2. certificate generated -- following signed CSR re. usual cert.
> generation flow

umm can happen but certificates and keys are disjoint concepts

> 3. entityX is the cert. Subject -- the cert. graph is basically a
> collection of claims about entityX.

again possible

> entityX has to have the capacity to perform 1-3. Thus, entityX is a
> foaf:Agent and thereby defines the domain of the "key generation" relation,
> for it to be effectively usable.

is one workflow

> The issue here is (I suspect) a little cross communication. I think you
> want to associate a Certificate (which is a Web Resource) with Keys, and if
> so, see our ontology [2].

no, simply that we already have 3 ontologies with public keys defined,
WOT,. sec & cert.

public keys need not be tightly coupled with the technology promote (which
creates silos), cant we just have public key as a concept without having to
define yet another ontology