Re: Let's keep it friendly :) (Original: Cert Ontology and WebKeys)

On Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:18:47 +0200
Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2013, at 11:03, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
> <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>
> > Henry, I must say that I really don't like tone of your message to
> > Melvin :(
> >
> > I understand that sometimes we may feel irritated. Still in such
> > situations I would strongly encourage all of us to: 1) save our
> > reply as draft 2) take some time to come down, in most cases we
> > don't really need to reply within minutes or even hours 3) read our
> > message again once we feel in more positive mood and then decide if
> > we really want to send it in such form or maybe would like to give
> > it few edits thinking how other person/people may feel while
> > reading it
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule
> >
> > I believe that we come here together to collaborate on addressing
> > certain challenges, let's keep our working environment friendly so
> > we can not only succeed but also ENJOY THE PROCESS :)
>
> Look I agree. Let's be more careful. But please also could people
> spend time learning semantic web basics so that we can have advanced
> conversations that use the tools we have at our disposal. A very good
> book to read is Dean Allemang and Jim Hendler's "Semantic Web for the
> Working Ontologist" I think it is a requirement if you are on this
> group to be familiar with the semantic web tools up to that level at
> least. Then our conversations can be guided by knowledge and
> standards, and we can move along much more fluidly by working on the
> shoulers of giants. We need to work with existing W3C standards and
> build on them. That will reduce our work load here, and it is a very
> good way to help guide us when choosing among the available options.
>
> Henry

Wait a sec. I don't feel I have that level of knowledge. And this is a
public list. Yet I have a WebID integrated into my site
(http://www.coreymwamba.co.uk/contact/#me), allow WebID logins on my
site and made a very simple PHP-based WebID generator
(http://webid.coreymwamba.co.uk/creator). It might look like very
small work, but it's out there now and - as a low level technical
person - I am using this technology. I'm not an onotologist by
training, but I'm using and am interested in the technology. Should I
be on this list or not?

--
http://www.coreymwamba.co.uk

music = science + magic