Re: Webid Editor/Author issue

On 1 Jun 2013, at 15:20, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl> wrote:

> 01.06.2013 03:13, Manu Sporny:
>> That said - rather than focusing on the technical work here, there is a
>> discussion happening where the Chair of the group is trying to remove
>> one of the initial authors of the specification for reasons that are
>> unique to this group. No one consulted me about the removal of my name
>> from a document that I initially authored. I can't imagine this
>> happening in the academic community without the words "plagiarism" or
>> "theft" coming up in the discussion. I've never seen this "authorship"
>> conversation play out in the way that it has in this group.
> +1 More or less the same thing has happened in the past in the Acknowledgments section. It has happened without any comments. It's just not polite.

Did you mention it on this list? Did we rectify it?

In any case Manu's name is not being removed from the document, just moved from
authorship to the contributor section here. It is one thing to write out an initial
spec draft taken from other sources, and another to come up with text all from scratch.
Manu did not even bother joining the XG group! You can't claim that we were not going in the
right direction, not participate in the group, and yet continue to claim ownership of
the document authorship over time.

Henry