Re: WebID 1.0 -- Section 3 -- Removal of Note

On 17 February 2013 17:18, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>wrote:

> We use hash URIs in all our examples, and people who are new to WebID and
> looking at implementing this will use hash URIs.

Just to echo what Mo said, people won't use them if they don't know what
they are, or rather why they are used. To someone just looking at WebID as
a distributed identity system, who might have lots of experience building
web sites (or maybe not so much), but no experienced with Linked Data, the
hashes don't stand out as significant. I think it would be very helpful if
the spec included a brief explanation of their use and a link to more
in-depth reading. (Don't just point to a long external document, as
developers will not be compelled to read a long doc if they don't
immediately see the value.)