Re: WebID 1.0 -- Section 3 -- Removal of Note

henry, a suggestion to end this (so we have time for the next
permathread)

put the following in the spec:

"When choosing your personal WebID, please be adviced by the contents of
these recommendations [1][2] or consult the members of the
WebPerformance Working Group" [3]

that way you get rid of something that doesn't belong in the spec
(lookup the skos, sioc, foaf, goodrelations, whatever specs or timbl's
linked data page and do a strg+f for "performance") and do something
that linked data is about "linking"

wkr turnguard

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/NL-PerfNote.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 20:52 +0100, Henry Story wrote:
> On 17 Feb 2013, at 19:56, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>
> >> From my perspective telling a reader of a spec that using 303 redirect will require an extra HTTP requests sounds a bit like stating the obvious...
>
> Thanks Elf. The argument that it is obvious that 303s are less efficient for requiring an extra redirect, is the best argument I have read  here against having this section up to now. It is nice to see commonsense sprouting from the darkness of the winter night. Spring must be on its way.
>
> I would have embraced your argument fully had the length of this thread not show how non-evident this actually seems to be to many.
>
> Henry

| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION