Re: (Dis)Proving that 303s have a performance impact.

On 16 Feb 2013, at 20:29, Jürgen Jakobitsch <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at> wrote:

> hi,
>
> if as "ferrari" constantly drives at 50mph and an old eastern german
> "trabant" [1] constantly drives at 50mph it can be concluded that
> ferraris and trabants are the same in performance.

Nice example. Let us adapt it to our case.

Say you receive a message that tells you where you can get some gold. So let us map our use cases to this

A: hash url
  go to London Paddington 22 and your find your gold there.

B: 303
  go to Japan and you'll find a message on where to get your gold there
  (namely in Paddington 22 in London )

Whichever car you use to get your gold, be it the east german trabant, or the ferrari,
it will clearly be faster if you receive a message of type A. That will save you a
trip to Japan, and back to London.

It's simple: Hash URLs are just more ecological, and they make you save time too.

:-)

Henry