Re: Problem with Hash based Linked Data URIs

On 2/16/13 12:29 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> Thanks Melvin for pushing towards a concrete example.

We need data to make Linked Data examples.

Melvin: what's the URL of the resource comprised of a graph where you
have many public keys associated with a single URI? Share that with
Henry so that he came demonstrate his claims. Of course, I will do the
same too, so over to both of you :-)

> Let us take a very unlikely case of
> a Profile with a large number of public keys.

No speculation, the Web of Linked Data exists. Create a document, add
content, save it, then share via a Web accessible URL.

> So how are 303s not going to make things slower?

You have a hypothesis at this point. We arrive at facts by performing an
experiment in its entirety. Your hypothesis is part of an experiment,
not the experiment itself.

> Can you show me how you would organise the profile in such a way that
> the 303 is just as efficient as the equivalent # based scheme? My
> guess is that it will always require one HTTP connection more than the
> equivalent #based scheme.

Don't guess, perform the experiment.

> This should be easy to do.

Yes, so do it!

> Tell me what goes approximately into which file, where they are, what
> gets sent back.

Good, get going on it.

> Something like this would be great
> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Issue-34_-_Aggregation:_simple_proposal
>
> But I think it should be a lot simpler in this case.

Yes, its got to be so simple that it won't take you time to make the
entire experiment, and then present a set of conclusions drawn from your
observations etc..