Re: Web Identity and Discovery - WebID 1.0

On 2/7/13 6:14 PM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2013, at 00:09, Erich Bremer <erich@ebremer.com> wrote:
>
>> +1  - The redirect performance statement is confusing to the specification document and should be removed.
>>
>> Whether I use SSD hard drives or mechanical hard drives will also affect the performance of my WebID implementation, but that fact doesn't belong in the specification either, nor does the redirect performance warning.  - Erich
> Whether you use SSD hard drives or a slow modem is ony accidentally related to the
> efficiency of fetching the Personal profile Document.
>
> The 303 redirect is essentially related to the efficiency of fetching the profile.
> There is no possible world in which you can make fetching a a 303 redirected
> document not require one more request to the server.
>
> It is quite surprising that this seems so difficult to understand. I think we may
> need to make this a lot clearer in the spec.

Henry,

It has nothing to do with spec clarity, so please remove this from the
spec. You can make a related document about your disputed 303 concerns
outside the spec. If you won't take our guidance, then conduct a poll.

A WebID is an HTTP URI. That's it.

Kingsley