Re: WebID Simple (was: Archaic HTTP "From:" Header)

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> On 4 April 2013 03:32, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/3/13 7:01 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>>
>>> On 04/04/2013, at 4:18 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> All,

>>> It's in active use by spiders and robots.
>>>
>>> Suggestion:

>>> If you want something that takes a link, we have a Link header.
>>>
>>> Whatever you do, don't prefix it with X-.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/
>>>

>> Okay re. not taking the X- route.
>>
>> With regards to "From:" I am saying it should accept literals or URIs
>> instead of just literals. Net effect, I can then use:
>> kidehen@openlinksw.com or <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com**> or <
>> http://kingsley.idehen.net/**dataspace/person/kidehen#this<http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this>>
>> .
>>
>> "Link:" is also a good idea, I'll maul this over as it could also work
>> from the desired bootstrap perspective.
>

> +1
>
> In fact we could call this "WebID Simple" perhaps?

I'm trying to picture what kind of identifiers you are advocating to use
for WebID Simple. Are you trying to generalize the current WebID identity
(HTTPS URIs only) to encompass other URI schemes like mailto:?

Steph.

--
Steph.