Re: Perceived issues with TLS Client Auth

On 9/27/12 9:48 AM, Henry Story wrote:
>> All my staff and kids (bar my 5 year old that's getting close) can read and write simple Turtle documents. The can create simple digital sentences that claim:
>> >
>> >## Doc Content Start ##
>> >
>> ><#i> like <#that> .
>> ><#i> know <#thatPerson> .
>> ><#i> made <#that> .
>> >
>> >## Doc content end ##
>> >
>> >After that, they open up a Linked Data browser and just can't stop expanding what started off as a very basic experiment re. self expression. Especially, when the understand the power of cross referencing URIs from DBpedia etc..
> +1 I also think in should be taught in high school as part of a logic course, which could tie in very well with Philosophy and mathemtatics and so of course the internet and computing, and well then everything:-)
>
> Ben may not know but Turtle is in final call
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/

Yep! That's way (this summer) as I was pondering how to deal with
lessons learned from our Linked Data bootstrap, I started off teaching
my kids (ages: 21, 12, and 5), I wanted to find out how difficult it
would be for them to take what they already know and reapply in a
different context. The 21 year old groked it in 30 minutes (he might not
be representative since he was born into technology i.e., he is a year
older than OpenLink), the 12 year old took about half a day (the lag
time had more to do with finding a topic of interest as basis for his
doc), and the 5 year old was the unexpected surprise as her interests
started off as a curiosity about the 12 years sudden focus on this
project etc.. She then proceeded to draw a 5 year old grade entity model
diagram i.e., nodes and labeled connectors.

Ironically, I was have a conversation about the experiment above with
@danbri and he mentioned that Leigh Dodds had done something similar,
years ago, with one of his kids, and he sent me a link the diagram [1],
I was amazed as it was identical to why my 5 year old had produced.

To me, the greatest lesson remains this: never bet against the power of
human intelligence and ingenuity, once engaged :-)

Links:

1. http://blog.ldodds.com/2008/04/01/teaching-a-six-year-old-about-triples/
2. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ldodds/2381025770/ -- the diagram .