TPAC Plenary Wednesday - rww/ldp & webid

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:09:17 +0200
To: Read-Write-Web <public-rww@w3.org>, "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>, public-ldp-wg@w3.org
I have adapted the text on the Plenary Sessions wiki [1] to something a bit more structured, explaining what could be done that day. As you see it coincides with work in a number of groups (let me know of other groups you think I should ping on this)

1. Presentation:
  * explanation of how distributed authentication with WebID works ( see video for an initial quick overview )
  * how this ties in with WebAccessControl and the work from the Linked Data Profile WG (see editors draft spec )

2. Hands on using tools the community has built
  * Make a WebID profile and certificate
  * build a group of all members present
  * give access to members of the group to some resources, Give access to friends of members of the group to others, etc...

3. Discussion
  * how can this be used at the W3C? Some ideas:
      + improve over current access control at W3C
      + increase flexibility for W3C Members to create policies of access
services for authenticated robots - such as access to paying validation services, linked data robots, ...
      + discussion of WG that may need to be created
   * compare and contrast with work done in other groups such as OpenID Foundation, Mozilla Personae, IETF future HTTPAuth WG, JOSE WG, NSTIC, and other W3C WGs such as WebRTC.

Please if you are interested in this add your name to the wiki [1] as "expressing interest". Also I am looking for further feedback on the structure of this. (I have not participated in such a day on plenary so feedback from people with experience is welcome)

I will be working on making sure that whatever happens we get space to talk about this on Wednesday.

[0] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/
[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2012/SessionIdeas#WebID_and_RWWeb