Re: [saag] Liking Linkability

On 10/24/12 11:20 AM, Henry Story wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2012, at 17:09, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>>      - webfinger does indeed give a method to dereference a mailto:
>>     uri, which could be used for a WebID protocol.
>>

>> the current draft of webfinger allows dereferencing a mailto: URI ...
>> in fact it is anyURI
>
> WebFinger is a dereferencing protocol, but not an authentication
> protocol, and as such it could possibly be used with WebID over TLS.
>
> Henry

Henry,

We already use it with acct: or mailto: scheme URIs that serve as WebIDs
in our implementation of the WebID Authentication Protocol (WAP).
Basically, these URIs resolve to entity-attribute-value graphs expressed
in XRD or JRD format which we then transform into RDF graphs. The
aforementioned transformation adds the requisite entity relationship
semantics required for WAP conformance.

This simply requires implementers to take responsibility for the following:

1. Webfinger protocol incorporation  for URI resolution
2. RDF graph generation from XRD or JRD resources .