Re: Activity Pingback

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 13 Oct 2012, at 14:42, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>>
>> [...]
>>>

>>> Yes, I'm using RDFa so just a little bug.  Perhaps I should serve turtle
>>> too, would that help?
>>>

>>> Perhaps we should remove RDFa from the spec for the moment. We currently
>>> have
>>> in section 2.2
>>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#publishing-the-webid-profile-document
>>>
>>> "the document must be published at least in one of RDFa [XHTML-RDFA] or
>>> RDF/XML [RDF-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR]"
>>>
>>> If the RDFa parsers out there are not stable enough out there, then it is no
>>> good misleading
>>> people into using it. I am not sure I even have an RDFa 1.1 parser in java
>>> yet....
>>
>> Which languages are needed?
>
> I think Andrei is using php which is not listed on your web page.

True. Perhaps ARC2 supports 1.1. Otherwise, librdfa (which is very
fast) is included in the Redland Raptor parser, for which there are
PHP bindings (among other languages).

>> There are compliant RDFa 1.1 parsers in at
>> least C, Python, Ruby, Javascript and Clojure. See:
>>
>>    http://rdfa.info/dev/
>>
>> I'm behind the Clojure version, and I've made adapters for both Jena
>> and Sesame to make it drop-in simple to use from Java:
>>
>>    https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-jena
>>    https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-sesame
>>
>> (I've also made one in CoffeeScript:
>> https://github.com/niklasl/rdfa-lab/tree/gh-pages/js/rdfa)
>
> As a matter of interest I am using Scala, do you know how
> I can adapt your Clojure parser to make it work from Scala?

If you intend to use it from Jena or Sesame, you just need the jars.
Then use it similarly to this example in Groovy:

    https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-jena/blob/master/examples/rdfa_jena.groovy

Best regards,
Niklas