Re: Hash vs Hashless URIs

On 21 November 2012 03:45, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 11/20/12 6:22 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> OK, sorry for being a bit slow.  Proxy URI's do make a lot of sense.
>>  I've read most of your posts but if you had a pointer to refresh my memory
>> that'd be great.
>>

> When I say proxyURI I also mean a wrapper URI. An intermediary URI that
> handles all the data access and transformation heuristics via URL patterns.
> For example, how we (and others) use existing data formats and protocols to
> produce 5-star Linked Data [1][2][3][4][5] on the fly. Others have produced
> similar and a majority are based on hashless URIs.
>
> Instead or re-beating this matter to death, I really encourage the group
> to move to a proper vote on this matter. I don't feel we are actually
> making any progress on the debate front. It's time to vote on this matter
> so that we can all make clear decisions about our respective strategies and
> priorities, bearing in mind general time scarcity.
>

>> Are there any other cases you can think of, to hand?
>>

> Links:
>
> 1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.**com <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com> --
> a service that produces 5-star Linked Data for over 100+ data format and
> protocol combinations
> 2. http://ode.openlinksw.com -- an extension for all the major browsers
> that hooks into the service above (data can end up in the public store or
> your own, subject to configuration)
> 3. http://linkeddata.uriburner.**com/about/id/entity/http/**
> graph.facebook.com/605980750<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/graph.facebook.com/605980750>-- facebook proxy/wrapper 5-star hashless Linked Data URI

Thanks for the pointers!

I just want to make sure I've understood the pattern fully.  For example, I
see:

<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/graph.facebook.com/605980750>	<http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/firstName>	"Kingsley"
.

>From your link (3) above:

Would it be possible that you could take through this example to show how
the 303 is involved to get you foaf : firstName?