Re: [webid spec] overview section

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> The graphic showing the picture of TimBL should I think belong to an
> overview section ( replacing the current section 3 ) that would explain:

I agree. I'll get right on it.

>  1. The full uri denotes the agent TimBl
>  2. that the uri minus the hash denotes the document
>  3. that the document SHOULD describe the agent in a uniquely identifiable
> way, so that the
>     agent can be distinguished from every other agent via this definition.
>     ( so here one can specify that this is very general: a public key, a
> link to the profile document,
>       a link to an e-mail address, any or more will do )
>     ( the reason is that otherwise one would need a backchannel to know
> what the WebID refers to )
>
> for 1 and 2 refer to the URI rfc spec on fragment identifiers.
>
> ---
>
>   I think it may be useful also to explain how these WebIDs can then be
> used to
> create social networks - across servers. ( I can send a graphic of
> interlinked WebIDs for
> that ).

Isn't this out of scope for the spec? It's up to each of us to decide how
we want to use WebIDs.

> ---
>
>   It may also be useful to show how one can have a WebID profile link to
> protected
> profile document. ( an adapted version of the WebID-TLS spec graphics ),
> as otherwise
> people will cry out that this creates anonymity problems.

Mentioning protected documents (ACL) at this point will open the door to a
lot of questions. I guess it's the same reason LDP doesn't mention it
either, and they really need it.

Andrei