Re: New WebID spec on identity.

Andrei SAMBRA wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've started drafting the new WebID spec, which deals exclusively with
> identity. It should reflect what we discussed at the last teleconf. You can
> see the latest draft version here:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html
>
> I'm not even sure how to call it at this point, since WebIDentity Identity
> spec just doesn't sound right. Maybe we should call it the "WebID spec",
> and refer to the old one as WebID-TLS.
>
> Please let me know if/what comments you may have, so I can make the
> necessary adjustments.

Hi Andrei,

First, thanks for getting this started, kudos.

I viewed using the non secure URI, in order to get respec.js to work:
   http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html

I only have one bit of general feedback, I think the WebID protocol
heritage may have led the spec to be a little less friendly than it
could be.

WebID 1.0 is a very technically light document, and may be more
beneficial if made lighter, and oriented towards the common web
developer who has perhaps a little HTML/JSON experience.

Ultimately the spec is very easy to implement, somebody can copy and
paste and example and edit it. If the spec was geared up to getting that
copy and paste example in to people's faces asap, and encouraged readers
to do just that, then it would be a great success.

Best,

Nathan