Re: New WebID spec on identity.

On Nov 19, 2012, at 04:17 PM, Andrei SAMBRA wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Ted Thibodeau Jr <tthibodeau@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> ** On Nov 19, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Andrei SAMBRA wrote:
> >> You're going back on what we've agreed on in the last
> >> teleconf. The consensus was that all NEW WebIDs MUST
> >> contain the hash, but verifiers should not fault on
> >> hashless ones. It's been marked in red as an issue,
> >> but it's difficult to spot at this point (no HTML markup
> >> when looking at the hg raw file).
>
>> That's not an accurate description of the last telecon.
>>
>> There was no such consensus.
>>

> Yes there was. If you go over the minutes again, you will see that we all agreed that "WebID verifiers MUST not fail on hashless URIs, they MAY flag "there may be a performance (or other) burden here". If you look at the current proposed spec, you will see this has been added to "The HTTP URI" section, albeit as an issue. (again, the issue markup is does now show up yet, but you can look at the source code for the document).

This, which you say we had concensus on --

> >> all NEW WebIDs MUST
> >> contain the hash, but verifiers should not fault on
> >> hashless ones

-- is not the same as this, upon which we had something
approaching agreement during the call --

> WebID verifiers MUST not fail on hashless URIs, they MAY
> flag "there may be a performance (or other) burden here"

If you won't conceded that there is some difference there,
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed.

Further, as this came in the last moments of an informal
call, I strongly hesitate to consider this to be anything
like group-wide majority, never mind consensus.

Ted